Holiday Classes 2013
Posted by alexia in Pilates
Our holiday classes are OPEN to both members and non-members.
Introduce a family member or friend to Balance2health!
PLEASE NOTE – Our holiday timetable CANNOT be used for make-up classes.
To book, send Alexia an email or sign up at your next class.
Bookings & Enquiries email
JULY 2013 HOLIDAY CLASSES
Free Extra Class Winter Special DOES NOT APPLY to Holiday Classes
Fee: $18 / Student: $16
- Monday 1 July PILATES & STRETCH 12.30pm – Alexia
- Monday 1 July PILATES 6.15pm – Alex
- Monday 1 July YOGA 7.30pm – Caroline
- Wednesday 3 July PILATES & RELAXATION 6.15pm – Alexia
- Wednesday 3 July PILATES 7.30pm – Adrienn
- Saturday 6 July PILATES 8.00am – Adrienn
TERM BREAK 7-14 JULY
TERM 3: 15 JULY – 21 SEPTEMBER *10 Weeks
TERM 4: 8 OCTOBER – 16 DECEMBER *11 Weeks
Pilates & Yoga Weekly Vacancies - Term 2 2013
Posted by alexia in Pilates and Yoga
- At Balance2health, our Pilates & Yoga weekly vacancies are for the use of current term paying members to book make-up & extra classes during the term.
- NON-MEMBERS TRIAL CLASS – $20
- TERM FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- CREDIT IS NOT GIVEN FOR MISSED CLASSES
WINTER SPECIAL – EXTRA CLASS… $$FREE!
Offer valid: 1 June – 31 August
Conditions apply: Members only
*DOES NOT APPLY TO HOLIDAY CLASSES
HOW TO BOOK
- BOOKINGS: email Alexia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make-up classes cannot be carried over to a new Term, or to Holiday Classes.
TERM 2 DATES: 29 APRIL – 29 JUNE *9 WEEKS
- Thursday 20 June YOGA 6.15pm – 2 vacancies
- Thursday 20 June PILATES 7.30pm – 2 vacancies
WEEK 9 **FINAL WEEK OF TERM 2
- Monday 24 June STRETCH 12.30pm – 1 vacancy
- Monday 24 June PILATES 6.15pm – 2 vacancies
- Monday 24 June PILATES 7.30pm – 2 vacancies
- Tuesday 25 June PILATES 10.30am – 1 vacancy
- Tuesday 25 June **PILATES FOR TEENS – 2 vacancies *30 minutes only
- Tuesday 25 June PILATES 6.15pm – 2 vacancies
- Wednesday 26 June PILATES 7.30pm – 1 vacancy
- Thursday 27 June PILATES 9.30am – 1 vacancy
- Thursday 27 June YOGA 6.15pm – 2 vacancies
- Thursday 27 June PILATES 7.30pm – 3 vacancies
- Saturday 29 June PILATES 8.00am – 1 vacancy
CHECK OUR HOLIDAY CLASS TIMETABLE!
Want to lose weight in a healthy way?
Posted by kathryn in Nutrition
Kathryn’s Healthy Weight Loss Group is aimed at helping you to lose weight, while eating real foods and living your normal life.
Members attend weekly, fortnightly or monthly, depending on their needs and the group is kept small to maximise personal attention.
With the Balance2health Healthy Weight Loss program, you’ll benefit from learning in a supportive, group environment. Unlike many weight loss schemes, you also receive personalised advice and strategies from a qualified Nutritionist.
- Meetings are held weekly, although you can choose to attend weekly or fortnightly
- Thursday 6.15 – 6.45pm
- Cost: $10 per week, although a discount is offered if you book in for a block of five sessions (costs $40 instead of $50)
- New members are encouraged to attend weekly for the first four weeks
- Bookings are required
- Sessions take place at Balance2health in Gladesville
To find out more information or make a booking contact Kathryn.
Book in for a Massage with Simone
Posted by kathryn in Massage
Have you tried a massage with Simone yet?
Simone comes to Balance2health with a thorough knowledge of the human body stemming from in-depth study of anatomy, physiology and manual therapies. She performs a variety of massage styles to suit each individual’s specific needs, providing you with the most therapeutic treatment. Available treatments include:
- Deep Tissue
- Injury Specific
- Oncology Massage
Her particular interest lies in women’s health, mental health and the highly rewarding field of Oncology Massage (OM). OM is medically proven to achieve major reductions in the levels of pain, nausea, anxiety and depression experienced by cancer patients.
Simone is an advocate of evidence-based practice and ensures that she is up-to-date with the latest research and training from the complementary medicine field.
Simone will be available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at Balance2health. To find out more about massage at Balance2health contact Simone on 0413 300 178 or by email.
YOGA at Balance2health
Posted by kathryn in Yoga
At Balance2health our talented caring Yoga Teachers present a blend of Hatha and Vinyassa Yoga. Enjoy increasing your strength and flexibility and experience the added bonus of feeling calmer, less stressed and more centred. For those seeking a lasting cure for anxiety or health issues and a greater sense of connectedness and calm, Yoga provides real and lasting benefits. Balance2health caters for small classes only, giving members the opportunity to enjoy personalised attention and support.
- Suitable for beginners through to intermediate.
- Suitable for beginners through to intermediate.
**TERM BOOKING REQUIRED
Current members can attend a Yoga class as a make-up or extra class.
To find out more or make a booking contact Alexia.
Meals in under 20 minutes
Posted by kathryn in Cooking Classes
I know Jamie Oliver promises meals in 15 minutes, but have you seen the frenzied cooking and mounds of washing up? It doesn’t have to be like that.
In my next cooking class on Saturday 6 April @ 10.30am I shall be calmly demonstrating three meals which each take less than 20 minutes, from prep through to being served at the table.
These three meals will each be healthy, nutritionally balanced, delicious and create minimal washing up.
Don’t think it can be done? Well come along on Saturday 6 April and find out how.
3 Meals in Under 20 Mins
- Saturday 6 April
- 10.30am – 12.00pm
- At Balance2health in Gladesville
- Cost: $25
- Classes include: cooking demonstration, notes and recipes, tastings of the food and recipes discussed.
- Bookings essential as spaces are limited
To find out more about any of the Balance2health Cooking Classes or to make a booking contact Kathryn.
Private & Semi Private Pilates, Yoga or Personal Training
Posted by kathryn in Pilates
We are excited to extend our current Personal Training service to both members and non members. The Balance2health team – Alexia, Adrienn, Britt, Fiona, Alexi and Caroline are available for Private & Semi Private Pilates or Yoga.
Types of Sessions:
These sessions are ideal for the following purposes:
- new to Pilates
- new to Yoga
- general fitness
- teens fitness
- postural correction & technique
- specific problem area
- core strength & flexibilty technique
- core strength challenge
- 1 session $45
- 2 sessions $80
- 3 sessions $120
- 4 sessions $160
- 5 sessions $200
- 6 sessions $240
Sessions are 30 minutes.
The Balance2health team are available for:
- General Fitness
- Introduction to Pilates
- Yoga Fundamentals
To book a session with any of our Instructors, contact Alexia.
Term 3 2013 Pilates & Yoga Class Vacancies
Posted by alexia in Pilates and Yoga
Term 3 2013
15 JULY – 21 SEPTEMBER
If you would like to join a class at Balance2health OR are keen to add an extra class, we currently have vacancies in the following classes.
Please contact me even if a class is fully booked as we do have waiting lists! More vacancies will be listed over the nest few weeks.
ALL CLASSSES ARE 1 HOUR DURATION
NEW MEMBERS CAN JOIN ANYTIME DURING THE TERM.
- Monday 10.30am Pilates Intro – 1 VACANCY
- Monday 12.30pm Stretch – 1 VACANCY
- Monday 6.15pm Pilates – 2 VACANCIES
- Monday 7.30pm Pilates -2 VACANCIES
- Monday 7.30pm Yoga – FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 10.30am Pilates – 2 VACANCIES
- Tuesday 5.30pm Teen Pilates – 3 VACANCIES *30 minutes only
- Tuesday 6.15pm Pilates – 2 VACANCIES
- Tuesday 7.30pm Pilates- 1 VACANCY
- Wednesday 6.15pm Pilates – FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 7.30pm Pilates – 2 VACANCIES
- Thursday 9.30am Pilates – FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 6.15pm Yoga – 2 VACANCIES
- Thursday 7.30pm Pilates – 3 VACANCIES
- Saturday 8.00am Pilates – 2 VACANCIES
- Saturday 9.30am Pilates – FULLY BOOKED
1. TERM FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
2. CREDIT IS NOT GIVEN FOR MISSED CLASSES
3. MAKE-UP CLASSES ARE OFFERED & MUST BE REDEEMED WITHIN THE TERM
4. MAKE-UP CLASSES CANNOT BE USED FOR HOLIDAY CLASSES
5. MAKE-UP CLASSES CANNOT BE CARRIED OVER TO A NEW TERM
We appreciate your respect of and adherence to the conditions outlined above.
TERM 2 DATES: 29 APRIL – 29 JUNE **9 WEEKS
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS send Alexia an email or sign up at your next class.
New Cooking Class Schedule
Posted by kathryn in Clinic News and Cooking Classes
I’ve posted a new cooking class schedule, for Term 1 2013. If you’re interested in learning some new recipes and healthy cooking skills, then book in for a class now.
All sessions focus on easy ways to cook good food that tastes delicious. It’s all about everyday eating and shopping.
They are practical and informative classes and each session also includes tastings of the food discussed, recipes and notes.
Bookings can be made by contacting Kathryn by email. The full schedule is here